10 things you didn't know about me...
𝟭𝟬 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗗𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗞𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗠𝗲 (Well...perhaps )
1. I am a Gemini (Multiple personalities). I love astrology, tarot cards, crystals, fairies, dragons... anything mythical / magical.
2. I love rock music. As I kid I wanted to be a rockstar and taught myself to play the guitar. I made multi tracks with a cassette recorder, my guitar and an electronic drum beat from a keyboard. Years later I learned that this is how Dave Grohl started the Foo Fighters before he put a band of people together. Maybe there’s hope for my music career yet.
3. I have a tumour on my thyroid the size of a tennis ball. Unfortunately where it is makes it difficult to remove so they won’t surgically remove it until it affects my breathing.
4. I was once unemployed and homeless and ended up living in a garage in Hamilton. I spent my days playing Tony Hawk on PlayStation. When I finished the game I realised I really needed to get my shit together.
5. I am very loud, probably too loud. But in some situations I can also be really shy.
6. I love food, wine and cooking shows. I love eating out, trying new things and then trying to recreate them at home. I never write down a recipe so everything I make is slightly different each time. It drives my family mad.
7. I love to explore new places, soaking up inspiration and just people watching. I also love second hand stores, garage sales and markets, looking for clothes, art, books, vinyl and furniture for restoration.
8. I wrote my book RULES + REBELS as a kind of personal therapy, trying to find some learning in the massive debt and chaos I’d created. It’s my business story but includes some very dark periods of depression, living on the edge of bankruptcy and a not so pretty battle with an autoimmune disease. I was nervous about publishing it and still get emotional when someone tells me it helped.
9. My favourite colour is pink, because technically black isn’t a colour.
10. I live in Tauranga, New Zealand, and love the ocean but I can’t eat seafood.
𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂!
ℰ𝓇𝒾𝓀𝒶 🖤 www.anyonesdaughter.co.nz